The Mising Autonomous Council has been provided with executive powers and functions on 34 subjects as mentioned below:
1. Cottage Industry
2. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary
3. Forest other than reserved forest.
5. Rural Roads and Bridges,
(i) Adult Education
(ii) Primary Education
(iii) Up to Higher Secondary including vocational training
8. Cultural Affairs
9. Soil conservation
12. Panchayat & Rural Development
13. Handloom & Textile
14. Public Health Engineering-Drinking Water
15. Minor Irrigation
16. Social Welfare
17. Flood Control Schemes for protection of Villages (not of highly technical nature)
18. Sports & Youth Welfare
19. Weights & Measures
20. Library services
21. Museum and Archaeology
22. Urban Development, Town & Country Planning
23. Tribal Research
24. Land & Land Revenue [provided that no allotment or settlement of land shall be made in the Council area without the recommendation of the Executive Council]
25. Publicity & Public Relation
28. Any other matter connected with development.
29. Municipal Board, Improvement Trust, District of Boards & other local-self Government of Village Administration.
30. Tribal Welfare
31. Market and Fair
32. Lotteries, Theatres, Dramatic performances & Cinema
33. Vital Statistics including registration of birth and deaths.
34. Food & Civil Supplies
The Govt. of Assam, vide its notification No. TAD/BC/133/2005/52) has declared a list of 1239 villages to be covered under Core Area of MAC and 392 villages to be covered under Satellite Areas of MAC with equal status to all the Scheduled Tribes residing therein. These villages are located mostly in riverine areas on both the banks along the river Brahmaputra and Subansiri in the districts of Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Golaghat, Jorhat, Sibsagar, Dibrugarh and Tinsukia.